In 2019, EMPEA conducted it’s 15th annual edition -Global Limited Partners Survey. This study aims to shed light on how LPs’ plans for investing are evolving, what factors are affecting their decision-making, and which geographies they view as attractive.
Findings were presented during LAVCAWeek 2019 in New York on September 23th.
Highlighted findings, include:
- Private markets’ AUM is still growing strongly
- Brazil is fourth place and LatAm (excl. Brazil) is sixth place in EMPEA’s market attractiveness rankings
- More LPs plan to increase Emerging Markets (EM) commitments than at any point since 2014
- Family offices lead all other respondent groups in terms of planned increases in EM commitments
- Majority of LPs are pursuing EM tech opportunities
Survey features the views of 104 limited partners (LPs) on the conditions and outlook for emerging market private equity (EM PE).