LAVCA, in partnership with Latin American Tech Growth Coalition member KIO Networks and with support from Endeavor and AMEXCAP, hosted a cocktail on April 3, 2019 in Mexico City with 100+ leading entrepreneurs and investors.
According to LAVCA Industry Data, Mexican startups raised US$175m from venture capital fund managers across 95 transactions in 2018, representing an increase of 119% of capital invested and 61% in number of deals compared to 2017.
VC investment trends for Mexico during this period include:
- Fintech represented 46% of the total number of transactions (vs. 38% in 2017) and 42% of the total dollars invested in 2018 (vs. 36% in 2017)
- Transportation tech deals increased from less than US$1m in 2017 to US$47m in 2018.
Access LAVCA’s presentation on VC/tech activity in Mexico including:
- A list of the 10 largest deals (2017-Q1 2019)
- New investors targeting Mexican tech
- Mexico-specific milestones from some of the leading tech players including Facebook, Amazon, Google, Spotify, and others.
Thank you again to KIO Networks for hosting and a special thanks to Alejandro Solis, the head of Rappi Mexico, and Mariana Castillo, Co-Founder of Mexican startup Ben and Frank, for sharing their insights on the local ecosystem.
LAVCA members and partners that attended included: AC Ventures, Adobe Capital, Amadeus Capital, Fondo de Fondos, DILA Capital, Facebook, Finnovista, General Atlantic, Google, IGNIA Partners, Jaguar Ventures, MercadoLibre, Polymath Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Wayra Mexico, and others.
Photos & Presentation Highlights