Pitch Date: January 13, 2014 @ 7PM (private events to be held January 11 – 12 for finalists)
Fundacion Pablo Atchugarry
Ruta 104 km 4,500 El Chorro, Manantiales
Punta del Este
PuntaTech: PuntaTech Meetup is an annual event that gathers leading technology entrepreneurs, executives, investors and other interesting people from Latin America and all over the world. It was started by Uruguayan entrepreneurs Pablo Brenner, Sergio Fogel and Ariel Pfeffer, and is organized by Riverwood Capital. Last year’s event had over 500 participants from all across the globe, and over 125 CEOs of relevant technology companies in Latin America. For more information, visit www.puntameetup.com.
Startup Challenge: The Startup Challenge provides a unique forum for 4‐5 of the most dynamic entrepreneurial teams in all of Latin America to present in front of a world‐class panel of judges, and provides access to a global network of investors and technology executives. For more information, visit www.latamstartupchallenge.com.
- Your business plan targets a large problem in the technology space
- Your business plan is viable, has a clear monetization strategy, is scalable and has the potential to be a “billion dollar plus” idea
- Strong execution and progress to date (whether through product launches, initial customers, or revenue traction)
- Strong team with the right backgrounds to execute on plan
- Have raised less than $1,000,000 to date
Prizes: $100,000 ‐ $1,000,000 in funding
How to Apply: Submit to Alexandre Porto or Andres Chico a 1 page summary and a standard 10+ page investor presentation outlining the existing problem, how big it is, how you are solving it, how your solution is unique, why your team is best positioned to win, and execution progress.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2013 (finalists to be notified by November 30, 2013)
Other Notes: The materials and pitch presentation must be in English. Finalists must cover their own costs.