LAVCA and AS/COA to Host Discussion on Tech Investing in Latin America
LAVCA, in partnership with the Americas Society/Council of the Americas, will host a panel discussion on Latin America private equity and venture capital in New York on Wednesday, December 7.
Private Equity & Venture Capital in 2012: A Look at Technology Deals in Latin America
Investments in technology-related businesses have been growing at triple digit rates since 2008 among private equity and venture capital funds active in Latin America. From e-commerce to software development, data storage to mobile applications, a wide range of investors are backing IT businesses. A panel of technology investors and entrepreneurs will talk about drivers of growth, opportunities and risks going forward.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Francisco Alvarez-Demalde, Founding Partner, Riverwood Capital
- Michael Nicklas, Managing Director, IdeiasNet
- Jon Karlen, General Partner, Flybridge Capital Partners
- Andres Barreto, President and Co-Founder, OnSwipe
- Cate Ambrose, Latin American Venture Capital Association (Moderator)
For registration details, click here.
Wednesday, December 7, 2012
5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Registration: 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Presentation: 5:30 to 7:15 p.m./Reception: 7:15 to 8:00 p.m.
680 Park Avenue
New York, NY