(MIF) May 25, 2011 – The Multilateral Investment Fund, a member of the IDB Group, recently hosted members of its Fund Manager Network at its headquarters in Washington D.C. for a day of discussion and networking. During the event, the MIF recognized five top Latin American funds, presenting them with Merit Awards in five categories of excellence.
The winners of the Merit Awards were:
- CRP Companhia de Participações (Brazil) recognized as best turnaround investment to-date for its RSTec Fund.
- Stratus Investimentos (Brazil) received recognition for the performance of its fund Stratus Capital Growth I.
- Sembrador Capital de Riesgo (Chile) won outstanding investment pace for its AgroDesarrollo Fund.
- Promotora S.A. (Colombia) received the award for the deal with the most promising social, environmental, and financial return to-date for its Progresa Capital Fund’s investment in Ecoflora.
- Lafise Investment Management (Central America) was honored for its pioneer investments in countries with challenging ecosystems through its CASEIF I and II Funds.
For more information on the MIF/FOMIN, visit www.fomin.org.